Sunday 7 December 2008

Guilty Pleasures # 1

Those that know me are aware that I am an embittered Indie Kid who despises the polished pop bollocks that we are fed by MTV/Radio One etc. True I do seek music out from other genres and love Jazz and Nothern Soul, Funk, Hippy stuff from the Sixties and Seventies and so on and so on.

In fact my music tastes are somewhat eclectic. However like most music snobs (and I am definitely one of those) I do have guilty pleasures. My girlfriend, for example, shook her head in disbelief when I admitted a love for The Carpenters and of course there is no denying that Abba knocked out some top tunes as well. Here though is a a record that although it ticks all the polished pop boxes is just so bloody good that I don't even think it a guilty pleasure.

After all, you can't get better than a bit of Kylie if the mood requires a bit of perfect pop.


5 comments:

Mondo said...

Can't knock the mighty Kylie - if only all pop was this good - the Fever album is a peach from start to finish and it's worth tracking down the b-sides and alt.album tracks from overseas releases, everyone is literally a winner.

Cocktails said...

Hello Marmite Boy. Nice new(ish) blog!

If you like Kylie, you should check out Girls Aloud. They're just as annoying as Kylie and their songs are ace too.

E F RICE said...

Certainly a talented woman who has shown great courage in performing through lots of tough personal times over the years. There are a couple of tracks I wouldn't turn off if they were on the radio, but all that Stock, Aitken and Waterman shite is hard to forget MB !

Almost forgot to mention I think she is gorgeous by the way !

Piley said...

nowt at all wrong with a bit of the old Kylie Marmite. There is ALWAYS room for decent quality pop, no problem with that. Is this a good time to mention that i like Girls Aloud?? (no, i'm NOT joking...)

P

marmiteboy said...

I have no problem with Girls Aloud either. 'Sound Of The Underground' is an excellent record.