Monday 3 November 2008

The End Of The World As We Know It

Tomorrow could turn out to be one of the most important days in recent history. If the US votes in Barak Obama as President he will be the first black person to hold office. He looks and acts like a statesman to me and I'm hoping that the polls are correct and that Obama's healthy lead turns into enough electoral college votes to secure victory.

The alternative is John McCain and Sarah Palin who if they win?.....well that great musical satirist Tom Lehrer sums it up very nicely.


1 comment:

ib said...

Yeah. I wasn't too keen on Obama, admittedly, until I watched him spar with McCain - and simultaneously address an audience - on those televised debates. He comes across extremely well. I might still have reservations, but the alternative is too atrocious to even consider.

I should listen to Tom Lehrer, but my son is watching "Primeval" on freeview, and I don't possess headphones. At the risk of further confusing politics with drama, "I'll be back!"